Thursday, June 24, 2010

30 day count down

Yes, I am the MOB (Mother of the Bride). My beautiful daughter will be married on July 24th to a really loving and fun guy. We are very pleased - they seem quite well suited for each other. But, yikes - 30 days. The lists abound. My brain really swims when I try to get a grip on the details between now and then. Thankfully "the girl", as her father affectionately calls her, has a sharp mind for details. Well, I like to think I did too, when I was 25. GRIN. Today we paid the DJ and went again to alterations on the dress - the bustle has been a challenge but I think we have it licked now and we'll pick up the dress Saturday.
A bocce ball outing with my work was a fun diversion from my normal 8 - 5 grind today. Isn't it odd that I have worked at this place for more than 3 years and I could not name half the people there - not by looking at them. Technology has really isolated co-workers which is so odd because I work in Information Technology and one of our main strategies is driving collaboration through new technologies. We design and deploy the stuff that actually allows people to be so productive they no longer have to leave their cubicle, office, home office, Starbucks, hotel room, etc., to work on the same team, project, solution, etc. FANTASTIC! 'Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment